Internet goes out once every few hours and requires hard reset...
Hordack

So all this week my internet goes out.  I can get phone calls and text messages, but mobile web is down.  I can't connect to browswer, FB, email etc.  If I do a hard reset it pops back on for a bit.

I called Verizon and they suggested I do a *228 and update.  I did that and also checked to make sure that my software is up to date.  All of my friends in the area with the same phone doesn't seem to have a problem.

Any thoughts on what might cause this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet goes out once every few hours and requires hard reset...
RoniTalk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure what the problem could be. Maybe the service books. You can go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> press the blackberry menu key>select Register Now to have the service books sent to the phone again.

When you say it goes out, do you get an error message when you try to connect or does it just take a long time? Are you in a rural area?

Whenever you are connecting, make sure your signal (1X or 1XEV) is in upper case letters instead of lowercase (1exv).

If its lowercase, you can reset the data on your phone by dialing ##000000 and then going down to the sip password and typing in vzw.... then click trackball and hit save.

I recently downloaded Opera Mini browser to my phone and I use it instead of the browser that came with the phone and it works a little better for me. So you can try that as well. Just open your current browser and do a google search for Opera for Blackberry.

0 Likes
Hordack

I live in a city and normally don't have any problems.  I'm not getting any data.  Facebook says it is "refreshing stream" and eventually says there is no connection.  My gmail just sits there "checking mail", my berry weather says "updating...." 

I first posted this after a hard reset.  I just checked and it is down again.  I do have the 1XEV in all caps.  I tried the host routing and it didn't work.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Go to Email Settings and open it.  Press the Menu key and press Service Books.  Then select Send Service Books.  After that, you should pull the battery and restart your device.  See if that gets it going.  Another thing you can try is to dial *228 and select option 2 to update your PRL.  Let us know here in the forums if either of those choices does or does not work.

Doc

0 Likes
raniatl

If someone knows; please share...I cannot use the internet or data services up to 45 minutes after I get off a voice call.  Its horrible...

I've called tech support, customer service, done a hard reset, reprogrammed, everything...took it into the store and its still not resolved. When I called customer service, they told me they were experiencing problems due to merging networks with Alltell or something to that effect.

In the meantime my friends with T-Mobile can actually email and BBM while ON the phone.  I can't even do it when I get off.

0 Likes