Is Verizon ever getting Blackberry Phones again or am I going to have to switch service to get it?
LEOSCag

Is Verizon ever getting Blackberry Phones again or am I going to have to switch service to get it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon ever getting Blackberry Phones again or am I going to have to switch service to get it?
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon hasn't announced anything yet, however you can still activate any unlocked device compatibile with Verizon's service like the BlackBerry KeyOne for example.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackberry-keyone-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-unlocked-cell-phone-for-veriz...

0 Likes
Re: Is Verizon ever getting Blackberry Phones again or am I going to have to switch service to get it?
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Exactly what I did. Purchased from Best Buy unlocked. No VZW bloatware.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEOSCag,

Everyone has their preference, when it comes to the devices they use. I don't have any information to provide for upcoming devices. However, you can click here and sign up for email alerts on our latest products and services here: http://spr.ly/6586DzKq4

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

My guess is that it would depend upon weather or not RIM chooses to submit models for certification on Verizon Wireless's network.

This is the same question people interested in purchasing a Windows Mobile device for use on Verizon Wireless have been asking for years. As it turns out, Microsoft and OEMs who make Windows Mobile devices decided to limit new offerings to GSM based carriers and completely skip CDMA certification.

Later on, HP decided to bring the Elite X3 to Verizon Wireless....but...that happened about 18 months after the unit entered the market...and...after Microsoft announced that new feature development for Windows 10 Mobile had ended.

0 Likes