Issue with BIS and location via cell network
DaFoxGrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having an unusual problem on my Blackberry 9850. This started happening randomly over the past few days, currently happening now.

Via the 3G network, from my home area (Eustis, Florida USA - ZIP code 32726) certain BIS functions do not work correctly.

• I can not send BBM chat messages, I get the red "X " for the message, but I can receive them.
  • Web browsing to Google.com brings up the Google Mobile site for Argentina. When I try to adjust the language preferences back to English - United States, it just refreshes back to Spanish - Argentina.

However, if I turn on WiFi and allow the BIS to switch over to that, everything works fine.

I have already tried *228, option 2, several times. It only fixed it one time last week and then awhile later is was not working correctly again.

Any idea what is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issue with BIS and location via cell network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaFoxGrey that is very odd, but we're here to get the device running smoothly again! Has anything recently changed over the past few days like a new app or download? To correct the internal errors, I would recommend sending Service Books to the device http://vz.to/MFg8UY .

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Issue with BIS and location via cell network
DaFoxGrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got through to Verizon support this morning and they brought in a BlackBerry Tech on the line.

Turns out there was and still is an issue with the Verizon BIS server and they are working on a resolution, but no ETA.

Ticket# (removed)

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes