Issues with BB 8530 in a manufacturing plant...?
cdval0311

I've had a BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone in Black since January of 2010 and have had problems with it ever since.  Verizon has sent me 3 refurbished phones and I've been through about the same amount of new batteries.  I charge my phone nightly for atleast 8 hours and it seems that the battery drains rapidly - within 3 hours of having it off the charger.  It also seems that this happens whenever I take it to work. I work in a manufacturing plant and I'm beginning to think that the machinery/computers/magnets have some type of negative reaction with either the phone itself or the battery.  Has anyone experienced an issue similar to this? Any advice/suggestions would help! Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with BB 8530 in a manufacturing plant...?
phan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't heard of any problems with regards to machinery; however I have come across battery life issues in certain types of buildings. How many bars of signal does your phone have? Does your phone have a hard time getting signal? Is it constantly searching for signal? These things can often cause a severe drop in battery life. I think it is something to look into, especially if you notice the problem in one specific area.

0 Likes
Jude526

Certian buildings can affect the battery life.  If you don't have to use your BB at work, then keep it turned off.

Also making sure you close out on applications when you are done.  Battery pulls help.

I don't have issues with the battery on my BB  But some areas can play into it as I mentioned before.  Try the suggestions I made.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

cdval0311 wrote:

I've had a BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone in Black since January of 2010 and have had problems with it ever since.  Verizon has sent me 3 refurbished phones and I've been through about the same amount of new batteries.  I charge my phone nightly for atleast 8 hours and it seems that the battery drains rapidly - within 3 hours of having it off the charger.  It also seems that this happens whenever I take it to work. I work in a manufacturing plant and I'm beginning to think that the machinery/computers/magnets have some type of negative reaction with either the phone itself or the battery.  Has anyone experienced an issue similar to this? Any advice/suggestions would help! Thanks!

Hi,

I would be willing to bet the machinery is affecting your performance.  I work in a hospital and when I am near CT scanners or other Xray machines, I notice a big affect on my device.  It has got to the point that I just power my device off if I am working near those machines.  I don't want to risk any damage.  Just a thought...

Doc

0 Likes
jeffrey-w

My guess is that you aren't getting a signal, I too work in a factory and my phone is constantly searching for a signal which drains the battery, I've had the same issue with every phone I've owned.

0 Likes