Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Issues with Bold 9650
litttlelaura

The signal seems to drop randomly.  I thought that Verizon might be working on towers the first few times it happened, but I have another Verizon phone for work that has no signal issues like this new Bold does.  I used to depend on my Curve when my LG work phone didn't work.  I never thought it could become the more reliable phone.

I have tried the *228 updates and nothing seems to help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Issues with Bold 9650
MorganB

Have you tried a battery pull? Remove the battery from your device, wait a few seconds then place your battery back into your device and power on. Your Blackberry will take a few moments to completely power on. Once it's on the home screen, update your device by dialing *228 option 2. Also, check the coverage map HERE to verify the coverage in your area. Please let me know if this helps! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Issues with Bold 9650
iluvpugs2

I have had mine a little over a week and I notice the same thing happening with coverage.  The Blackberry I upgraded from had no trouble picking up a strong 4 bar signal at my home.  The tech even told me that I am in an area served by 4 cell towers--so why am I still only getting 1 bar???  It's very strange.  When it arrived in the mail (my second, the first one came with no browser access), I had trouble downloading necessary aps that I used before.  I learned that getting out of my chair from the middle of the room and going right up to a window did the trick--I got an extra bar that way.--seems to me that the phone's internal antenna is to blame.

0 Likes