Re: Issues with the Storm!
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Is the OS software 148? If you got the Storm last Friday at a Verizon Store, it suppose to have the latest OS. Did the Verizon rep. register your Storm? Like the other posts mentioned it could be third party app that causing problems. As for the iphone and AT&T, do they have helpfull customer service like Verizon?
0 Likes
rhemler220
Yes I have os .148. When I purchased it though it conveniently did not come with os .148 it had the previous version. So I had to go home and do it. When  I went to do that The phone froze up after being an hour and a half into the download. As for customer service If I had the iphone I would not have to go to at&t. I would be able to go to apple. And as a mac owner my experience from customer service was very good. I had no problems, complaints anything. Plus I doubt i'd be in as much as I'm in verizon for my storm. Plus I actually have gotten to know my service rep. But he recently is getting tired of me. He is able to predict the time of my next visit, and as I smile on my way out the door I know he's right.
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
Maybe you should have called Verizon tech from another phone first. I had problems too, after the 148 upgrade and was taken care of after I called tech support. As for "getting to know" your service rep, "the customer is always correct!" He supposed to help you out, but not get "tired" of seeing people. Maybe he don't know what he is doing, or not informed about the Storm.
0 Likes
bubbee

I'm new to the Storm, the Blackberry, and smartphones in general.  So far (2 months), I've had few problems with the Storm.  But now I can't get the Navigator to work.  I keep getting a message to "go to options, then advanced options, then
GPS, then make sure GPS services option is set to Location On."  I've done that about 15 times tonight, but I still get the "Trip Update Problem" message and then that same message about "Location On."

Anybody else have that problem?

How did you fix it?

0 Likes
gps issues
rhemler220

I feel like i'm responding to my own post to many times but I believe I can help you. When you go to the menu where you set location on, hit the bb button (menu) then click save. You have to do this anytime you change a setting. 

0 Likes
buckets
Help!!!  My BB storm now calls the last number I called-over and over again. I am not in the room and it keeps calling.  I took the battery out because it would not turn off nor stop calling.  Now it takes pictures over and over again-I am not in the room and I hear the click of the camera and see the flast.....I have not been able to receive any calls nor texts since this started happening about 3 hours ago.  It is worse than annoying because I am a Realtor and need to be able to receive calls.  I'll be waiting when the Verizon store opens tomorrow.
0 Likes
bubbee

Well, I did try the "save" idea in order to get Navigator to work...tried over and over, in fact...no luck so far.  Maybe my only option is to go back to the Verizon store and have one of their people to check it out.

Thanks for the idea, though.

0 Likes
yk333
So for everyone with the .148 update - HOW DO YOU LIKE THE UPDATE? IS THE PHONE RUNNING MORE SMOOTHLY? I'm an avid texter and emailer. I have the curve now....Super fast at typing. But I know I'll slow things down dramatically if I get the Storm (today? tomorrow? keep waiting for a new Storm 2?) I had a huge problem with there not being a qwerty keyboard on the Storm, but the Verizon guy at the store this morning assured me that the new .148 update includes qwerty in Portrait mode! How is that for everyone?
0 Likes
Update .148
rhemler220
If you are an avid texter the storm is not for you. Even with the update it is not the easiest thing. Especially if you are coming from a curve. Just stick with the curve or tour. But I can not text well on this device.  I think the click/touchscreen messes you up a little bit. Even with the update the phone still sucks.
0 Likes
Re: Update .148
bubbee

took my Storm to the Verizon store (different one from the one I bought it) and the techie checked it out and said the person who had set up the GPS for me (the person I bought it from) had missed a crucial step in the installation.  and that's why the GPS wouldn't work.  so now, it works just fine.

I'm happy with it.

0 Likes