Keyboard issue: Super-sensitive "z" key all of a sudden...
stheemka

Just noticed in the last day or two that the "z" key on my q10 has become super sensitive, it is almost impossible to type an "s" on the keyboard without a "z" being added on...in fact, you don't have to fully depress the "z" key to get a z, you just need the fainted pressure on it. Ideas? Has to be a hardware issue, doesn't it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keyboard issue: Super-sensitive "z" key all of a sudden...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stheemka,

It's imperative to correct this so none of your messages are mispelled. Please go to Settings>Language & Input>Predictio and Correct>Disable All then test the "z" key as well as the "S" key. Is there any damage to the phone?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
stheemka

I did what you suggested, no effect. There does not appear to be any damage to the machine, this issue start after a drop or anything like that.

This has become a major issue - really making the phone almost unusable. I can find no information, either from Verizon or from Blackberry, about a warranty on this phone. I have only had it since last fall, maybe 6 months, this wasn't caused by any action I have taken. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that, stheemka! We want to put a stop to any further frustration you're experiencing with this issue on your Q10. Since the device isn't damaged and is less than 12 months active, it may qualify for warranty replacement. If you haven't already been presented this option, please follow my handle (DionM_VZW) so that we can direct message each other (I've just send you a follow request). The follow instructions are here: http://vz.to/1gBiqkv

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes