Keyboard paint
kidcrash1234
I own 3 Blackberry Bold and all 3 of them are having the same issue...the paint is coming off the keyboard. I took my phones to Verizon and was told it was because I use hand lotion, or sanitizer, or maybe it was the fact that I wash my hands daily and this is not covered by my warranty, All 3 phones are 2 months old, Is there anyone else having this trouble with their Bold? I am afraid that after they are 4 months old I will have no paint at all on the keyboard and then what?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Keyboard paint
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Call customer service and perhaps they will send you a replacement device.  I would not mention about hand sanitizers or lotions, just leave that part out.  Just tell them the paint is coming off some of the keys.

Doc

0 Likes
kidcrash1234

I did take the phones to Verizon and THEY are the ones that told me it was because I wash my hands, or that I use hand sanitizer.  And that it isn't covered under warranty.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Oh, I understand now. They came up with the idea of hand washing or whatever.  I know you stated you went by a Verizon store, but call Verizon's customer service and you might be able to get someone to send you a replacement.  Good luck,

Doc

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If it IS the hand sanitizer/lotion causing the paint to come off the keys then this problem will simply recur. It would also seem that it would be pretty widespread, as is the use of hand sanitizers and lotions.

Perhaps a different method of "painting" the keys or a different material used to paint the keys would be a better solution....
0 Likes