Local call issue (Require 1 + 10 Digit Number)
rak_lad

I am having problem receiving calls on my BlackBerry from my work place. My phone number start as 408-50x-xxxx and my work office number is 408-20x-xxxx. I can call to my work number from my BlackBerry with 7 digit dial but from my work they have to dial 1-408-20x-xxxx (long distance) way to call my cell. If from my work landlines they dial 7 digit number for my cell they get message (your call cannot be completed as dial) message. Other people with Verizon cell phone received call from work number to their Cell phone with 7 digit dial. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Local call issue (Require 1 + 10 Digit Number)
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

rak_lad wrote:

I am having problem receiving calls on my BlackBerry from my work place. My phone number start as 408-50x-xxxx and my work office number is 408-20x-xxxx. I can call to my work number from my BlackBerry with 7 digit dial but from my work they have to dial 1-408-20x-xxxx (long distance) way to call my cell. If from my work landlines they dial 7 digit number for my cell they get message (your call cannot be completed as dial) message. Other people with Verizon cell phone received call from work number to their Cell phone with 7 digit dial. 

Hi,

I know from my Blackberry, my number is 601-xxx-xxxx and all incoming callers have to dial the area code plus the seven digit number to get my phone.  If a caller tries to dial the 7 digit number, they will recieve a recording.  They should dial just the 10 digit number without the 1 and should get your number with no problems.

Doc

0 Likes
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

Is your mobile number and your work number in the same city? If your calls from work are going through a switch board it could be possible that your switch board is located in an area that would make a call to your mobile number long distances. Also, have your checked to see if the other people at your office with Verizon numbers have the same area code and exchange as you?

0 Likes
rak_lad

Yes everything in same area code. Switch board is located in (408) area code and Verizon cell phone user in same area code (408). Funny thing is its only happen to one person only. All other Verizon user don't have this problem.

0 Likes