I lost my contacts after the Storm 5.0 upgrade. I assume they must be stored on my computer somewhere. Does anyone know how to get them back?
Did you backup your device before upgrading? If so, you can restore your address book.
Hi - I'm not technical enough to give you play by play steps to retrieve your contacts, but I thought I was going to pull my hair out once I lost them. Don't bother with Verizon - they could care less. Call 1-877-255-2377 Blackberry and tell them what happened. They will help you get them back.
Well, I had the same problem after updating, but was easily able to get (most) back, I do have my whole address book and texts (not really liking the new text grouping, it's interesting, but hard to manage), the same went for saved email
Here's what I did (using Mac, you are on your own with Windows), when I plugged in my phone to update, the very first thing it did was back up my phone, then it attempted to install the update (didn't see any problems until the computer waited for the phone to reboot), when I started getting into problems, my computer already had the bakup (it didn't say it did, but it did, luckily), after messing around with the DM and the blackberry, and asking questions on this forum, I was able to get my phone up and running, but just like you, I lost everything, all my emails, texts, contacts, everything, it ran like a brand new blackberry, at this point went to restore from backup
Again, I am using a Mac, and the Mac version of DM may be different than the Windows version, so some of this may be different, but here's the steps I used to restore
1. Plug BlackBerry into computer using supplied USB cable, your computer should detect that you plugged in your blackberry and automatically start BBM
2. Let DM connect and sync to the blackberry, you should get an image/icon on your upper left of a blackberry with a USB logo in a green circle, if not, click on the blackberry image and click on your blackberry in the list, it should begin to connect
3. On the upper right, there should be a row of images/icons, from left to right, they should be "Backup", "Restore", "Applications", and "Sync", select "Restore"
4. A window should come up allowing you to restore all, or to only store what is chosen out of the list shown on the bottom of the window, select the radio button saying to restore all, you should then get a progress bar similar to the one you had when updating
5. After the restoration is done, "eject" the blackberry (click on the eject button on the bottom of DM, this allows you to safely unplug the blackberry, unplugging the blackberry withoug "ejecting" could result in corrupting the blackberry), then unplug the blackberry, you should now have most of the things you had before, and you should have all your texts, emails, and contacts as before