Lost Contacts
TwinMom543

Just a question...is there a way to retrieve contacts without Backup Assistant???....My charger port on my BB has broken, thus I can't charge the phone to complete the Backup Assistant nor have access to my contacts...am I doomed (lost contacts) forever???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost Contacts
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

TwinMom543 wrote:

Just a question...is there a way to retrieve contacts without Backup Assistant???....My charger port on my BB has broken, thus I can't charge the phone to complete the Backup Assistant nor have access to my contacts...am I doomed (lost contacts) forever???

Hi,

I want to make sure I understand your post.  Are you saying the port on the side of your device is bad and will not let you plug in your cable?  Or are you saying the cable itself is broken?  Also, what type of Blackberry do you have?

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Lost Contacts
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you can not connect your Blackberry to your computer, there is a way you can save your contacts.  First, start a free Gmail account at Gmail.com.  Then, by using Google sync, you can send your contacts from your Blackberry to your Gmail address book and it will be there for you.  If you ever get another Blackberry, all you would need to do is install Google sync to that new phone and sync your contacts from Gmail to the new device.  Hope that helps,

Doc

Ps:  If the charging port on the side of your current BB is bad, you can still charge the phone by using a desktop charging pod.  See Blackberry.com or Crackberry.com for accessories.  Also, many such accessories can be found on Amazon.com.

0 Likes