Lost synch functions
Kilroy228

I have a BB 8830 World Edition, that has lost the ability to synch my contacts, calendar and email recently.  It receives emails wirelessly (is this a word), but does not synch deletions, etc.

I recently changed computers to Outlook 2007, and also recently updated the  Desktop Manager.  When trying to revize DM settings, I received the message that I was set up for wireless synchs, and that the hardware based synch was inoperable.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost synch functions
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
When you updated you BBDM, did you do a complete install.  If so, uninstall BBDM and when you get to the option to install using the BES/Redirector or BIS make sure that you chose BIS. 
0 Likes
Re: Lost synch functions
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I think you answered your own question. If you are setup to sync wirelessly but dont have bluetooth turned on or even have that ability on your computer ,no sync. In Desktop Manager> options>connection options>make sure it says under connection type..  USB. Or if you want Bluetooth left on make sure the bottom option is checked Automatically switch from a Bluetooth connection to a USB connection...

This should fix your prob.

0 Likes