Low call volume on Blackberry Tour
ajk1982
I'm about to return my Blackberry Tour because the call volume is too low. I understand Blackberry recently lowered the maximum call volume for some reason. Nothing I do - enabling "enhanced" volume, increasing the treble in calls - brings the volume nearly to a comfortable level while I walk down an average New York City street. Is there a fix in the works? Is there third-party software out there for this problem? I love this machine - but it has a fatal flaw.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Low call volume on Blackberry Tour
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Did you change the default call volume to 100%? And have you disabled the automatic volume control? Both settings can be found in the area you found enhance audio.

0 Likes
ajk1982
I did both, and the volume level is still way low. I really love this unit, but the call volume is so much lower than on my old 8830 that I am unfortunately going to have to exchange it for another 8830. Is that it for me?  No software fix?
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
Might I suggest you go to a Verizon store and use one of their Tours to make a phone call so you can compare and contrast.....Be sure to call the same number obviously and if you can remember to which # calls sounded unbearably low try calling them with both handsets; the floor model should be activated, it is in my store here anyway.  If the store model is loud and clear then obviously you got a bum handset and they should replace it for you, if they're the same then it must just be a Tour issue or wax buildup....<---j/k
0 Likes
ever1ast
Just my 2 cents...I had this issue with my Storm when I first got it back with the original OS. It wasnt constant, but every now and then the max volume level would start dropping lower and lower. The only thing that was able to reset it was a battery pull. After that, it would be fine again for a few weeks. Had to do that quite often until the 1st OS update. Havent had that issue since the update. Hopefully if it's an OS flaw on the Tour they'll address it sooner or later.
0 Likes