MMS Pic Messages not received by others
ladiibug

For some reason, when I am sending a picture message, the recipient does not receive the pic. It seems to only affect those outside the Verizon network. Any advice before I call tech support?

Thanks in advance :smileywink: 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Pic Messages not received by others
adamant

i have the same problem... it seems that sprint/nextel people cant open them..

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

We have had a lot of problems with the same issue you're having with a lot of customers, the best option for you is to contact our Technical Support Department at 1-800-922-0204 option 3 and explain to the actual issue to them.

0 Likes
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called several days ago and was on the phone with a tech for almost 4 hours and he could not figure it out. It started that I could not get or send MMS at all with my new Storm2. My old 8830 would at least get a message that something was sent and thet I needed to go to vzwpix.com to view it but I was not even getting this now. He said he would create a problem ticket and I would hear from someone in a few days, has not happened yet.

I did start to get them out of the blue and thought they fixed the problem and now it has stopped working again. I was then getting them again but only from phones on Verizon but it seems to have stopped again.

My kids have iPhones and when they send me an SMS it takes about 8 hours before I get it and nothing at all for the MMS.

I would really like to get this fixed since it was one of the reasons I switched phones. And I am sick and tired of having to keep wiping the phone (4 times in a week).

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I had the same problem sending MMS messages with pictures to my sister, who has a Blackberry on ATT.  It seems to be a problem with ATT not being able to recieve pictures from other networks.  I did find a workaround and that was to send it as an attachment to an email.  That seemed to work for me.  It is not a problem with your Storm2 or Verizon.  It is the ATT network.  They need to fix it to where their users can recieve MMS pictures from outside of their network.

Doc

0 Likes