MMS text not being received by another network/cellphone
jaxjag1950

I have a BBZ10 on Verizon and until today, I have been able to send MMS to anyone on any network and today I tried to send an MMS to an iPhone on AT&T and got an red error msg :"Invalid Desitination Address."  I sent an MMS to other cell phones locally on Verizon without fail and was able to send several SMS msgs to the AT&T iPhone without fail.  I can not find any troubleshooting steps to take.  Any body got a suggestion?  Hope there is hope.. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS text not being received by another network/cellphone
lbusey

make sure you have the area code. this is used to help locate the other cellephone through the switch by finding the last tower registered on. sometimes you can delete the contact out and re-add it to your phone book. if it's not that then i would have verizon check over the outbound records. there is a third party that translated messages between all carriers that may not be forwarding it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jaxjag1950!

I want you to be able to send both SMS and MMS to any number you want! Let's try some troubleshooting. Please let me know if you have any spaces in the numbers of your contacts that are giving you trouble. For example, are any of them listed as:
123 456 7890

They should be listed as:

Paranthesis do not affect the destination number when forming the MMS, but when spaces are present in the field the MMS will be formed with all characters that appear including the paranthesis.

Please give this a try and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jwangle

Jax,

Had the same problem.  For the contacts not getting the messages, delete the entire number, save the contact and retype the number in.  It only affect people that had iPhone's on AT&T that I sent messages to from my Z10.  Did that and it fixed the problem.      

0 Likes