Mass Storage Mode
mbw62

I have a Storm and recently upgraded to the 5.0 operating system. Prior to this, when I connected my BlackBerry to my computer, it would see it whether Mass Storage Mode was enabled or not. This was critical for my usage as I subscribe to the Rhapsody music service. One of the features of the service allows me to transfer whatever music I want to my smartphone without having to buy each track (it's called Rhapsody To Go). The service would not work if mass storage mode was enabled. However my computer, and the Rhapsody software would still see the Storm when Mass Storage Mode was not enabled.

Since the upgrade, neither the computer nor the Rhapsody software can see the phone when Mass Storage Mode is not enabled. I've contacted Rhapsody and they have no solution.  If the computer does see the device, it refers to it as a Removable Disc.  If I try to click on the icon, it tells me to Insert Media,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mass Storage Mode
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
hey what's up Mann you have turn off mass mode don't need a lot of muscle for music its not documents to go.
0 Likes
mbw62

As I said, if Mass Storage Mode is not enabled, Rhapsody does not see the device.  The computer does see the device but refers to is as a Removable Disc.  If I try to open the device the computer tells me to Insert Media.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well lets see here you say rhapsody music does detect a connection but cant transfer do you have media manager installed in desktop manager Also turn off mass storage mode support  and leave media transfer on.

0 Likes