Message JUM error 102
klsternweis

I received this message - JUM Error 102 - with reset under it. I've tried hitting the reset but just shuts down and will come back to the same screen. I've tried removing the battery. I connected it to my desktop but the blackberry desktop manager software doesn't read the device.

I tried to look for a new app in blackberry app world this afternoon. Also upgraded my software to version 6.0. So not sure what happened. I uninstalled 6.0 and reinstalled 5.0.1 to see if that would work, but it still doesn't read the device. I would like to backup the files before I have to erase and reinstall.

When I tried to follow the directions for a clean reload, I get a message saying I don't have an internet connection. But websites, etc are working fine.

Suggestions?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message JUM error 102
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like a problem with your OS. How long have you had the 8330? What was your free mem prior to it going on the fritz? I not sure I completely understand about loading OS 6.0 (doesn't exist for the 8330) and am therefore also confused about the OS 5.0.1? If you could clarify these questions for me, we could then move forward with a solution.

0 Likes
klsternweis

I've had the curve for almost 2 years. Not sure on free mem, I had a 4 gb card in for storage. There was new desktop software available so just assumed I needed to update.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

JVM 102 is a corrupt file in the OS. You need to download the latest OS for you BB, BlackBerry Desktop Manager (should be on your original CD), and BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK at forum.ppcgeeks.com).  Do a backup w/DM, if you can.  Connect using BBSAK and back up your 3rd party apps.  Use BBSAK to wipe your OS and then whe you get the 504 error, use BBSAK to load your OS.  There is a detailed tutorial at BBTweaks.com on how to load an OS.  Good luck and let me know if you need any help.

btw: the new update was for your Desktop Manager 5 and then 6.  I figured this out so disregard my confusion about loading OS 6 and 5.0.1 on your BB.  My mistake.

0 Likes