Message icon
mmd1061

I have a message icon on the home screen but I can't find the unread message/notification.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message icon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aww! How I miss the mystery unread message. How I miss thee! I had this quite a few times my friend. A great place to look is under your message icon. This is the default location for all texts and notifications. Also, be sure to call into your voice mail to ensure that you don't have an unheard message saved. Once you have done so, please update us just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmd1061

Should have said that I already checked the message icon and the voice mail. Neither indicated new messages. I also opened every program on the phone for new updates that might have required my attention but that came up negative as well. Any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mmd1061,

I appreciate you trying all the suggestions we provided in our previous reply!

It's odd that you are still seeing that message notification after checking the voice mail, email, and text messages. I researched this and did not find it to be a known issue with the device.

Try rebooting the phone by removing the battery for a minute or two. Insert and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mmd1061

Re-booted and still have the unread message icon. Very annoying!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see you have a BlackBerry - check BB World for messages; those would annoy me when I had my BB since I never thought to look there and would have lingering stray message icons...and that's where they were.

0 Likes
mmd1061

Tried that. There were a couple upgrades that were available so I installed those and did a restart. Unread message icon still there.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear mmd1061,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear you have yet been able to remove the message indicator from the top of your phone.

Have you recently sent new service books to your phone? If so, have you checked your messages icon? At times the messages icon will display both your email and text messages. Also try going into your text messaging app> OPTIONS > GENERAL OPTIONS and ensure the following is set to:

Display Message Count: None
Hide Read Filed Messages: No
Confirm Mark Prior Opened: No

Please reach out to us if you are still showing unread message icon at the top of your phone.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes