Missing "Message" Icons
Lycurgus

Hello everyone,

I just got a new Blackberry Bold, and something happened to remove the message icons on m phone for my business e-mail, and my g-mail accounts.  I still have the general message icon, and I'm still getting e-mail from both of my accounts pushed to me, but I like having the 2 mail box message icons shown separately, but they're gone.

Anyone have an idea as to what happened, or what I should do to recover/restore those message boxes?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing "Message" Icons
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The icons you are referring to are probably hidden.  Go to your Applications screen and press the menu key.  Select Show All and they should return.

Doc

0 Likes
Lycurgus

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, that doesn't do it.  Still trying to find them.

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Here is how to fix it:

1) Go to the Main Inbox icon for the messages

2) Open the folder/icon to show the messages

3) Press the Blackberry Button and choose Options

4) Choose Inbox Settings and there will be some choices there and that should do it.

5) After that is done, do the show/hide option and then unhide those folders/icons that you are looking for

DJ

0 Likes
Lycurgus

That doesn't work either.  When I go thru those menue options, I ultimately get to check a box for displaying SMS and MMS messages as part of the main message box, but that is the only option that is presented. 

About time to call tech support, because this getting frustrating.

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I see now: Try going to E-mail setup either on the phone or through your web browser on your computer and make sure that your Bold is setup there.  You have a new PIN and that should work.  After you do that make sure you do what I previously said.  If that doesn't work then you might have to go into a store.

DJ

0 Likes
Lycurgus

Thanks for the help... I've gone through e-mail setup also, both thru the device and thru the blackberry website.  No help there either.  Iv'e got the idea that there may be an issue with turning "e-mail reconciliation" on,  but I haven't gotten anywhere with that either.  My oija board is suggesting I'll be visiting a store soon.

0 Likes