My Blackberry Bold Bluetooth will randomly place me in Privacy Mode while synced in my Car - Help?
BrooksClassic

I am not sure why this happens, but I will be connected to sync in my car and randomly (usually if I have a call waiting and try to retrieve) it will place my phone in what is called privacy mode on bluetooth. Once this happens, I can place calls but cannot hear the person on the other line, everything goes silent. The only way to fix this is to take the battery out and reboot. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Blackberry Bold Bluetooth will randomly place me in Privacy Mode while synced in my Car - Help?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrooksClassic, thanks for sharing your concerns with your Blackberry Bold. I realize that it may be cumbersome to have to pull out your battery while driving. I checked and I am not showing this as a known issue with this device. Have you tried deleting the paired connection and pairing again? Also, is this the Bold 9650 or Bold Touch 9930? What software version do you have in Options>About?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Blackberry Bold Bluetooth will randomly place me in Privacy Mode while synced in my Car - Help?
247adg

I bought my BB Bold 9930 yesterday and the exact problem described above is happening and will not work properly until you remove the battery and restart.  I have no 3rd party apps installed.  I never had this issue with the tour.

0 Likes