My Blackberry tour 9630 has lost the ability to secure the Verizon signal where I live. I used to get 5 out of 5 bars but now get one or none. I have tried updating the software with no success. In some areas I will get a good signal only to find that
marklubo

My Blackberry tour 9630 has lost the ability to secure the Verizon signal where I live.  I used to get 5 out of 5 bars but now get one or none.  I have tried updating the software with no success.  In some areas I will get a good signal only to find that when I move out of that area, I will drop the call.  Can this be fixed or will I need a new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Blackberry tour 9630 has lost the ability to secure the Verizon signal where I live. I used to get 5 out of 5 bars but now get one or none. I have tried updating the software with no success. In some areas I will get a good signal only to find t
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, marklubo

I would try to update your phone's PRL (preferred roaming list).  From your device, dial *228 and choose option 2.  It will take a minute and will make a beeping sound when done.  Make sure you are in your home area before updating.  Let us know how that works.

Doc

Re: My Blackberry tour 9630 has lost the ability to secure the Verizon signal where I live. I used to get 5 out of 5 bars but now get one or none. I have tried updating the software with no success. In some areas I will get a good signal only to find t
marklubo

thanks,  yes I've tried that already with no success

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

The next thing I would try would be resending the service books and re-registering with the network.  Do a battery pull after you do these. 

Doc

marklubo

can you shoot me the steps?

I'm googling them and this is what I got but it doesn't describe the exact process,

A couple of things to try:

1) Register HRT

Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is highlighted) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books (yes, again):

KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

0 Likes
marklubo

I realize that we are going through a number of steps that one would go to, but I want to say it's not like it's not working, it's just that it is not working continuously. 

Some places 5 bars, but if I travel out of the area I drop the call. 

this only started to happen 3 weeks ago and updating the PRL did not affect any adjustment.

0 Likes