My blackberry verizon wireless 9930 (bold) cannot connect to the internet
magida

I bought a BB verizon wireless 9930 (Bold) and failed to connect to the internet. Whenever I select the browser and enter the URL, my verizon displays this message:"Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan" I cant do this in Tanzania.

Kindly help!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My blackberry verizon wireless 9930 (bold) cannot connect to the internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Magida!

Oh no! I know how important it is to have Internet service while traveling. I am here to get this issue resolved immediately. In order to remove this error message, the software needs to be reloaded back to the device.
To update using WebSL: Connect the device to your computer and reload the software using WebSL at: www.blackberry.com/update http://www.blackberry.com/update
To update using BlackBerry Desktop Software: Refer to KB03621 ttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03621 for instruction.
Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes
magida

Hi Pamelaf_vzw

I updated the software 7.0 to 7.1. I saw some new features such as "Mobile

hotspot connections". However, the browser displays the same information. I

dont know what to do anymore! Help!

Magida

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Magida,

Thank you so much for taking those additional steps!  We would need to check your Verizon/Blackberry Internet Service account.  How long will you be in Tanzania?

Generally we would be able to push information to your phone, but if you're roaming we don't have the access to push updates over a different carriers towers.

Keep me posted on your return.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
magida

Hi MelissaM_VZW

I am a Tanzanian, I just bought this phone thinking that it will work in

Tanzania. The manual show that the handset should show the symbols such as

3G, GCM, EDGE etc plus the blackberry symbol for data services plan to

work. My handset has a unique behaviour on this. It shows everything in

small letters without the blackberry symbol. I don't know what to do next.

Magida

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
poff

Don't feel bad, mines been fixed four time and I'm stateside, I can tether to the PC and get charged and outrageous usage charge but haven't been able to surf on the phone since I got it a year ago.

0 Likes
debcooks

Hi, I have been getting my emails very sporaticly the last few days. Somedays a few squeak through, and today not a one made it! What the heck is happening?

0 Likes
nirob

i am bangladeshi i usr gramenphone blackberry internet plan srvices

but my blackberry 9930 verzion wirless...click the browser show same this message.. :"Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan....please help me i solve this problem and enjoy the internet serviced please ....i contact customer care he is dont now why this problem..cutomer manage tell you stop phone and restatrt i restart but dont change same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nirob, Blackberry's are awesome devices. When it's activated on our network, we can verify and confirm that it's provisioned correctly to access the Internet. However, you will need to contact your wireless provider, Gramenphone Blackberry Internet Plan Services to assist you with this issue. It may be a network issue on their end. I apologize that we are unable to troubleshoot this issue for you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes