My fix for 148 battery drain problem for Storm
russgross

This is for anyone who is having battery drain issues since they upgraded to the 148 version of the software. My phone prompted me to download an update for the visual voicemail program this morning so I did.  Now my battery life issues are gone.  Ever since upgrading to 148, my phone has been dying by 2:30 pm after charging all night.  Now it's after 3:00 and I still have 4 bars on my battery meter.  Hope this helps other people that are having the battery life issue.

By the way, I took the phone into the store last week to complain and the lady asked me if I had forced a hard reboot after installing the software by removing the battery. "No." I said.  "Why would I do that?"  She then told me that all smart phones need to have the batteries pulled every couple of days.  I pulled out my Curve that I use for work and told her I had never pulled the battery from it and have never had an issue.   I also questioned what all those poor iphone users were doing, since you can't remove the battery on an iphone.  Needless to say, the hard reboot that she performed did absolutely nothing for my battery life.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My fix for 148 battery drain problem for Storm
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
LOL..well depending on how much you play with apps and the memory leaks associated with them do you need to do a battery pull. I would not say by any means thats normal, maybe for a Storm but not for "most" smartphones. I actually do one everyday, scheduled with quickpull. Keeps the mem leaks at bay.
0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
I only pull the battery if absolutely necessary.  The Storm takes so long to reboot.  I rarely had to do this on my 8830 or 7130e.  I find that it fixes issues, but man, it is a pain.
0 Likes
Gb755c
Not only is it a long process but it also hogs battery life too.  On the rare occasionas that I have to restart my storm (mostly because an app was updated).  if I had a full charge for example I would instantly be down by one bar when I could use it again after the battery pull go figure. 
0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3
i think the Storm is more "durable" then the iphone. But I'm happy your battery life issues are gone. I had different issues with the 148 OS and it was taken care of.
0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes