NEW! Blackberry Bold 9930
jlbern

Hello All,  I heard that the Blackberry Bold 9930 is supposed to be out by now. It's supposed to have OS 7 and be a great phone. I have the Bold 9650 and like it but there are some kinks that im hoping this new Bold 9930 will have fixed. 9900 is att's(PUKE) version and 9330 is Verizon's. Anyone have any knowledge regarding this situation? I'm due to upgrade soon and I'd like to stay with Verizon. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NEW! Blackberry Bold 9930
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the Community for all your responses.

The New Blackberry Bold 9930 is here! Please click here to see the device and information about this lastest device from Blackberry.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

You are correct, the 9930, or Bold Touch, will be out soon.  Blackberry has not released them quite just yet, but it is going to be soon.  Rumors are in the next few weeks.  You can check out the features at Blackberry's web site at http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberrybold/touchbold.jsp and sign up for updates, or just keep checking back on their website and Verizon's. 

I have the Bold 9650 now and I am up for an upgrade.  I am saving mine for the new 9930, like you.  I think it will be worth the wait. 

Doc

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

StreetDocRN wrote:

I have the Bold 9650 now and I am up for an upgrade.  I am saving mine for the new 9930, like you.  I think it will be worth the wait.

When it does come out and if you do, in fact, get the BOld Touch, I'd be very interested in your experience with it, Doc!  I came to BB from a touchscreen (Voyager) and combining the two into one device might be something I could really enjoy.  I'm not due for an upgrade till Sept. 2012, so you'll have plenty of time to "test drive" it for me.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
alliegato

I can't wait! I have a tour, which still works OK most of the time.  I've been searching the web for info about the new blackberries since May (could have upgraded my phone since April) and found on RIM's site some nice videos about the bold touch. Sooooooo, hopefully they will be available soon!

0 Likes
Not applicable

i think the biggest issue is that Verizon is very hush hush about their releases as opposed to those who "press" the product and create hype. usually Verizon is last to release new products and as a result we miss out on some pretty interesting phones/features. has anyone actually seen a tentative release on the new 9930 or will this be another missed oppurtunity by Verizon that AT&T (i.e. Torch) or Sprint will get to exploit 6 months before Verizon starts soft testing the product?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I was on the phone with Blackberry direct  and was deeply concerned when they had no products currently being developed for Verizon. The touch Screen Bold or the New Torch...Etc. It was such a turn off I was contemplating switching providers to AT &T. I am extremely upset, I was just sent a replacement Blackberry Bold because of USB issues and now after receiving a replacement, the screen turns white and reboots at least once a day. Is blackberry trying to convert Verizon customers and steer them to AT&T? I am very upset with the equipment problems and their response about new product for Verizon. I received the replacement 2 weeks ago and my replacement need a replacement, I have 2 numbers and one of them is upgradeable and wanted to ditch this phone and get a new blackberry.

Please advise.

0 Likes
BB_in_Denver

After learning earlier this week that RIM has announced several new BB OS 7 phones, including the new BB Bold Touch and Torch 9960, I e-mailed VZW customer support to find out when VZW will be releasing at least some of those devices.  Sprint already has announced that it will be releasing the BB Bold 9930 and the BB Torch 9850, two of the devices in the new BB line-up, this fall.

Here's the non-response response I received.  It promised and revealed exactly nothing and tried to steer me either to an obsolete BB, which it is selling at an inflated price, or to a non-BB device.  The second is not an option, since I need encrypted e-mail for my work e-mails.  This non-response response means that either (a) VZW doesn't care about its BB customers and won't offer equipment upgrades offered by its competitors or (b) it is planning to release BB OS 7 phones in the near future, but won't disclose that information because of its obsession with secrecy. 

A number of third-party sites contain predictions that VZW will be offering BB OS 7 devices soon.  I usually don't rely on rumors, but right now, rumors are all the "information" that's available on this subject.  Hopefully, the rumors are correct and (b) is what will happen.  If (a) is accurate, however, VZW will lose the vast majority of its BB customers and will wonder, cluelessly, why they left.

Good Afternoon xxx:

My name is yyy, and on behalf of Verizon Wireless, I would like to thank you for your continued interest in our unsurpassed wireless products and services.  I am thrilled that you will upgrading your device in very near future. Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer Blackberry 0S 70. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, I invite you to view our current phone selection as a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the following link, which will direct you the "Products" page of our website:

www.verizonwireless.com/products 

You may also receive free e-mail updates as to when new products and services are available. To receive your free e-mail update, please click on the following link to view the "E-mail Updates" page of our website:

Be the First to Know 

Please note that there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs.

xxx,  It has been a pleasure answering your inquiry today with regards to our unsurpassed wireless products and services. I am confident that you will be the first to know as soon as any new Blackberry devices are launched.  Thank you for being a valued customer of Verizon Wireless. We greatly appreciate your business and your commitment to the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless network. We look forward to providing you with unsurpassed wireless products and services for many years to come.

Sincerely,

yyy,

Verizon Wireless, Customer Service

Internet Response Team

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the mean time I am still working equipment that does not work properly?  This equipment was just replaced, what do I do know? I am thinking to go to the phone but 5 is coming out in the fall, Can I get a replacement like blackberry Storm 2 refurbished until these products are available?

0 Likes
BB_in_Denver

If your phone is still under warranty or is insured, you'll be able to replace it.  I'm still using a Storm 1, which I've had to replace three times through warranty replacements and my insurance plan.

My problem is that it's long past time for me to upgrade my device and I have no idea whether or when VZW will let me do that.

jeffscottsterb wrote:

In the mean time I am still working equipment that does not work properly?  This equipment was just replaced, what do I do know? I am thinking to go to the phone but 5 is coming out in the fall, Can I get a replacement like blackberry Storm 2 refurbished until these products are available?

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the meantime my equipment is not working, and am very upset about it. If Verizon doesn't replace it with something else I am going to have to change carriers?

0 Likes