NOT GETTING EMAILS
Jan1

All of a sudden, I have to hit "reconcile now" to get any emails on my Storm 9530. Does anyone know what's happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NOT GETTING EMAILS
gp6450

I've had the same problem on a BlackBerry Tour.  I've been experiencing this for about two weeks.  Are you still having the issue?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

Try to resend your service books. Go to Email Settings and press the Menu key. Select Service books and press resend service books. It should start working better.

Doc
0 Likes
gmcrane

I too am having trouble with email. Have done all the tech support tricks to make it work, about 8 hours of TS.  Only thing left is to hard reset the  9630 BB I have, too bad the phone will not accept the phone chargers I have, (battery ran out of power doing all the other things, now it won't recognize the phone chargers tha tcame with it.) So now what?????  Would love to with anything else but Verizon say no, it must be an upgrade or the same thing, guess what, aint happening, this is the second phone. I have already had to turn off the internet service part, it stopped working, voice does not work correctly, email is hit or miss,  you would think they would get the idea something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Any sggestions?????

G M Crane

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

gmcrane wrote:

I too am having trouble with email. Have done all the tech support tricks to make it work, about 8 hours of TS.  Only thing left is to hard reset the  9630 BB I have, too bad the phone will not accept the phone chargers I have, (battery ran out of power doing all the other things, now it won't recognize the phone chargers tha tcame with it.) So now what?????  Would love to with anything else but Verizon say no, it must be an upgrade or the same thing, guess what, aint happening, this is the second phone. I have already had to turn off the internet service part, it stopped working, voice does not work correctly, email is hit or miss,  you would think they would get the idea something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Any sggestions?????

G M Crane

Hi,

If you turned off your internet service, then your email would not work.  Are you saying you turned off the Mobile Network selection on your device, or did you cancel your data plan with Verizon?  What version of OS are you running on your device?  You can go to Options>About and it is listed there.  Also, go to Options>Status and let us know how much free memory you have left.  With a little more information, one of us in the forums may be able to assist you.

Doc

0 Likes
gmcrane

No, the internet service was truned off monthsago, this a new problem just starting about 3 weks ago and has been a problem since.  This also thre second BB 9630 since last May. It is a bigger problem than they say it is. 

0 Likes
gmcrane

BTW , you can not turn off the date service at all. The phone supposedly requires it to function.    So I am told.

gmc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

If you are not getting email on your device, try to register your device.  Go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table.  Press the Menu key (to the left of the trackball) and select Register Now.  After you do that, go to Email Options and open that.  Press the menu key and select Service Books.  Then select Resend Service Books.  After you do that, pull the battery out and allow your device to restart.  See if you start getting emails.  Also, verify your passwords, etc are entered correctly for your email addresses on your device.

Doc

0 Likes