NW connect 900 min vs blackberry 900 min
n2ironponys

I have looked and evaluated these 2 plans, they have the minutes,text,pic,video,etc that i need and the only difference is a couple of $$ 's for monthly bill. But the NW connect gives me mobile email option but Blackberry does not. I know Blackberry plan has data acess for email.....is that for mobile email ? Or for corporate server synch email? I could care less about corporate email synch, i dont wear a tie and suit...I have cox/yahoo/gmail accounts..

If it is the same ok and no big deal, if not the couple of bucks extra for mobile web is beneficial. Or is mobile web a free app on Blackberry but they dont say or is it accessable with blackberry.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NW connect 900 min vs blackberry 900 min
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

n2ironponys wrote:

I have looked and evaluated these 2 plans, they have the minutes,text,pic,video,etc that i need and the only difference is a couple of $$ 's for monthly bill. But the NW connect gives me mobile email option but Blackberry does not. I know Blackberry plan has data acess for email.....is that for mobile email ? Or for corporate server synch email? I could care less about corporate email synch, i dont wear a tie and suit...I have cox/yahoo/gmail accounts..

If it is the same ok and no big deal, if not the couple of bucks extra for mobile web is beneficial. Or is mobile web a free app on Blackberry but they dont say or is it accessable with blackberry.

Hi,

Selecting a plan for the Blackberry can be a little confusing.  First of all, if you are buying a Blackberry, your choice of individual plans are only NationWide Basic or Select.  The Connect and Premium plans are not an option due to the Blackberry data plan that is required.  The Connect and Premium plans are for non-smartphone devices to connect to the internet.  The NW Basic does not include unlimited text, picture, and video messaging.  The Select plans do include messaging.  Once you decide on the Select or Basic plan, you then pick the $29.99 data plan for Blackberry Internet Service which includes unlimited data for web, instant messaging, and email.  You can add up to 10 email accounts.  You even get a free email account that is on the vzw.blackberry.net domain.  If you want a comprehensive plan that includes voice minutes with the Blackberry data plan, they make that too.  To get a good idea of what your options are, go to the Verizon web site and go to the Blackberry phones and pick one.  Add it to the cart and then follow the prompts to add a plan and you will see the options.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

n2ironponys wrote:

Hi,

Selecting a plan for the Blackberry can be a little confusing.  First of all, if you are buying a Blackberry, your choice of individual plans are only NationWide Basic or Select.  The Connect and Premium plans are not an option due to the Blackberry data plan that is required.  The Connect and Premium plans are for non-smartphone devices to connect to the internet.  The NW Basic does not include unlimited text, picture, and video messaging.  The Select plans do include messaging.  Once you decide on the Select or Basic plan, you then pick the $29.99 data plan for Blackberry Internet Service which includes unlimited data for web, instant messaging, and email.  You can add up to 10 email accounts.  You even get a free email account that is on the vzw.blackberry.net domain.  If you want a comprehensive plan that includes voice minutes with the Blackberry data plan, they make that too.  To get a good idea of what your options are, go to the Verizon web site and go to the Blackberry phones and pick one.  Add it to the cart and then follow the prompts to add a plan and you will see the options.

Doc

0 Likes
n2ironponys

StreetDocRN  rides again...thanks n2ironponys

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Thanks,

You can tell I am off for a few days and have been hanging out in the forums for the past few days.  Most people go on a trip or some vacation, but I love hanging out here trying to help folks.  I learn a little something too by hanging out here.

Doc

0 Likes