Need URGENT help
joshr1234

Alright can my blackberry Tour, 9630, get global data? I will be traveling to toronto this saturday, and I would like to be able to still use my blackberry

Thanks,

Josh

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need URGENT help
s0narbr
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes but you'll need to add a plan so as not to incurr per mb charges. visit verizonwireless.com and search global

0 Likes
Re: Need URGENT help
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your suggestion s0narbr! 

joshr1234, you do have the option to add a Global Data plan to your BlackBerry Tour.  Below I have provided you with the link on the data plans, and options. 

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/GlobalData/rates_coverage.html

Additionally, prior to leaving the United States or every 90 days, it is important to update the software on your wireless device, also known as the Preferred Roaming List (PRL). This will give you the ability to pick up newly acquired service areas while roaming, as our network continues to expand.

To update your PRL please complete the following instructions while receiving a digital signal:

1. Power on your Verizon Wireless device.

2. Dial *228 (Send).

3. When prompted, press option "2" for a free roaming list upgrade.

4. Remain on the line. Within two minutes, a voice recording will advise you that programming is complete. The call will disconnect automatically.

If you need to contact our Global Support Team while you are in Canada, please dial 908-559-4899, as dialing *611 from your wireless device will not connect you to Verizon Wireless.

For more information on using your wireless device in Canada, please visit the following link:

Canada   

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes