Need to print SMS text for possible legal reasons
shabar

I have been receiving threatening, violent emails.  I need to transfer them to document or print form for backup in case this becomes a legal matter.  I have been unable to find a way to print, other than a single message.  I see where I can select a message & forward it to email ... and print from there.  But I need to be able to print the entire chain of rants that have occurred over a week.  My son is a PTSD disabled Iraq veteran and is threatening me and my husband.  I may need this for proof of his instability & possible commitment.  Can someone please help me!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need to print SMS text for possible legal reasons
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm genuinely sorry to read this.

I just tested something via email and you are right ... when a threaded text message is emailed, only the latest message appears, at least from my BlackBerry. The only other thing I can think of is if you have a Bluetooth printer, maybe you could send and print that way. Hopefully some others on the board will have more ideas.

Best wishes. I hope it works out for you.

0 Likes
mstyrose
Enthusiast - Level 2

Save your messages on your device. Take your device to the local police department and show them the device. Don't leave the police department until you or the police department (preferably both) file a complaint. The police department will be able to get an order to view/print the text. Otherwise you will need to get a the court order yourselves. If the investigators get the order they will also get a record of text from his phone. I know this seems complicated but if this is true you should have been at the police department with this issue when it began.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Try forwardiing it to your email address on PC and print from there.  Just a suggestion.

0 Likes