New BB user, Apps question
ljack805

I have a new blackberry and am having trouble seeming the red numbers on the pad to dial a number.  Is there an app that would put the numbers on the screen where you scroll select to enter a phone number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New BB user, Apps question
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

After checking with blackberry there are no known applications that would do the function you are requesting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

ljack805 wrote:

I have a new blackberry and am having trouble seeming the red numbers on the pad to dial a number.  Is there an app that would put the numbers on the screen where you scroll select to enter a phone number?

I do not believe there is an app to do what you want.  At least I have never seen or heard of one.

I assume you currently have a Bold 9650.  Hopefully you are within the 14 day return window (you said it was new).  One option is to return your phone and replace it with a Blackberry Curve 9330.  The Curve has all white letters on the keys and that may be easier for you to see. 

Another option (preferred) is to return your current Bold and wait until the new Bold 9930 is released (July/Aug estimated).  This new Blackberry also has all white lettering on the keys and will boast much improved performance.

Third option is to look at one of the Full touchscreen Blackberry phones like the Storm 2 or the upcoming Volt (projected name) which is slated to release in Aug/Sept.

Finally there are always the Android, Windows Phone 7 & iPhone selections that you could choose from.  Less desirable (IMO) but many have touchscreens that have large number keys for dialing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for your responses.

After checking with blackberry there are no known applications that would do the function you are requesting.

0 Likes