I am trying to find out if VZW intends to release any new world edition BB devicesbesides the Tour. I have been through 5 Tour phones before VZW finally said not sure what else we can do. I dealt with Blue Tooth issues, track ball, loose battery door, locking up and self reboots.
I love Verizon just need another world edition BBery and want soemthing different than the 8830. Any help much appreciated. Need to know soon my 8830 has seen better days!!!
Thanks for the info...
Any idea if the Essex will be out this year, I need a keyboard style BBerry unfortunately the storm will not cut it.
Cheers and thanks!
I would wait until one of three come out: either the blackhawk, Mr. T, or Dakota...these are said to be like the Storm, but with a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
Dont believe those all are CDMA phones( Dakota is GSM Bold size BB). We are suppose to see a slider on VZ and I hope the Storm 3 is the MR T (9950) with a qwerty slide keyboard.
- Here is the "supposed Blawkhawk" specs
- 5 mega pixel camera with auto flash
- 824MHz processor
- Full mobile graphics chip (not sure the brand or type but will find out) for gaming
- OLED “HD” screen full touch sensitive and gaming consumer geared (like iPhone) for ex. playing mario cart. or a driving game you turn it in hands the screen follows. RIM has patent’d this tech and is yet to be named but far from new.
- Wi-Fi b/g (n tested in labs battery falls way short)
- LTE,CDMA,EVDO,REV-A,REV-B,GSM quad band. And for att release 7.2+mbps
- 2100 mah battery as of now. could change at release.
- Beta adobe flash being tested for full flash browsing
- This would be the Super CDMA that some sites have alluded to.
It sounds almost to good to be true doesnt it.
Many thanks to both of you...I hope VZW brings out the new Bold on their network in a world edition phone. I am a heavy business user that does world travel and needs a keyboard. I keep hearing the Oct 21 date for new phones but it seems to be more for the Storm 2. Although I am sure it is a cool device I would like to see a new WE Bold or Tour style phone that works, I get that VZW can't help the quality of RIM but the Tour reallus sucked for me personally.
I could eventually be wrong but dont look for a Bold 9000 size device or the Bold 9700 device either on VZ. Those will stay GSM for awhile. New Curve/Tour/Storm like devices for a while still on VZ.
Who says that REV B is for CDMA? Dont forget this is a phone that could possibly be releasing this time next year, so LTE will be all the rage and that may allow for a new rev of CDMA.