New OS for blackberry Tour ( V. 5.0)
coreypincus88

when will the blackberry Tour be getting the operating system update v. 5.0? will it be this month or next month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New OS for blackberry Tour ( V. 5.0)
etp1

{edited due to relevant post being removed}

Verizon is the last carrier in the world that hasn't released an update for the Tour operating system - even alltel - which is now part of Verizon has released an update.

I've been a wireless customer since Verizon was named Bell Atlantic and I'm really seriously considering switching when my current contract is up - starting to have enough of Big Red and their dictatorial attitude about how they do business like adding a data bundle automatically to phones that are capable etc. without giving the customer any choice - their attitude  used to be the same way with landlines until they had some serious competition -

0 Likes
Re: New OS for blackberry Tour ( V. 5.0)
elgolfman

Exactly. What is the hold up? It is so lame - release it. VZ is last on everything. Devices are second rate, software, is late, cell service is good. Sheesh.

0 Likes
Re: New OS for blackberry Tour ( V. 5.0) ??? WHEN ???
deanwysocki

Why is VZ not allowing this upgrade, Berry isnt the one stopping it, its in the VZ hands. I am so tired of Luke Wilson being correct about VZ 's delays on new phones and updates. . .

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I really hope they release the 5.0.0.419 OS for the Tour.  It is very stable and runs great on the Tour.  The radio signal is strong, browser is fast, and battery drain is not very bad.  I have been using this leak for about 2 months testing it and it seems like a good choice.  But, I'm with your guys...it's time for VzW to release a 5.0 update for the Tour.

Doc

0 Likes
Fisker3

Where did you find this update??

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Fisker3 wrote:

Where did you find this update??

Check your Private Messages here in the forums.

Doc

0 Likes
Mogen222

This morning Boy Genius Reports.com  reported that they have information that the new OS will be released in 2-3 weeks. They further reported that the new OS will also include the PTT option.  Unfortunately they did not have information on which version of OS 5 is being released. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes