New Storm 9530 and missing features???
jdj522

Hello -

I got the new phone yesterday and discovered that there seemed to be a bunch of missing features, not the least of which was the ringtones. I knew there was as issue with the firmware since I had done some research before getting the phone. With that in mind, I went out and ran the update to take the phone to 148 but that didn't help. In fact, things seemed only to get worse. I had to re enter the few settings already created, turn back on the radio, search through settings to find bluetooth options, etc.

So far this has been not exactly fun but since I'm a sysadmin and deal with tech problems all day long anyway it doesn't bother me as miuch as it might the average use. Still, it would be nice have a phone which has all its features available and working. Any pointers here would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

jay 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: New Storm 9530 and missing features???
risu
Contributor - Level 3
What do you mean by your ringtones are missing?  Are the files just not on the phone or you can't find where you change the ringer for your phone?  I know there are a few spots, one of which is in the Media Center, there should be a ringtones option.  I know there's another place, but I can not remember where it is!  I need to play with my phone more.
0 Likes
jdj522

Hi Risu,

I mean they are missing. Gone. Poof. Kaboom. Just plain not listed anywhere under media center. If you click the ringtone option, the sub menu where they should be listed is empty.

Thanks,

Jay 

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
hmmm... seems like you got a bugged phone.  I would recommend taking it to a store and seeing if they can flash your software.
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

The standard ringtones won't be listed in the media center, only downloaded ringtones are listed there. Standard ringtones are stored on the BB memory and downloaded ringtones are stored on the media memory card. The media center pulls information and data from the media memory card in the back of the device.

For ringtone options, in portrait view, click on the little speaker in the upper left corner, scroll down to where you see the option to edit sound profile.

Once there, you can choose a ringtone by clicking on the first option at the top, it will bring up a huge list of about 50 or more ringtones already on the device..

Bluetooth options are easy to get to as well. Bring up the main menu by clicking the screen in portrait view. Scroll down to where you see "Radio" Click this, and you'll see some options like "Service" "Bluetooth" those turn your service radio and bluetooth on, then below that you'll see an option "Bluetooth Option" Click that and bam, you're at the bluetooth option menu.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by EVO_Unlimited on 06-17-2009 04:13 PM
0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
My stock ringtones are listed in the media center.
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Everyone has their settings differently. Mine are stored on BB mem, and downloaded only on teh media mem card. So mine aren't listed in the media center.

If they're not in the media center, then they're on the BB mem in the sound profile options.

0 Likes
jdj522

Nopers. Not there, either. Nice try though, I hadn't thought of checking that location until you mentioned it.

thanks,

Jay 

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

Evo... Just saying with default set up, that's where I found em.  My wife found em there and everyone else who got a new storm found them there as well, as long as they didnt change any kind of settings anyways.  I didn't move them anywhere and I haven't added any of my own, so I would imagine IF they did exist, you should be able to see them in media center unless you changed your settings or moved them yourself.

As far as the problem on hand, I would recommend calling Tech Support or just taking it to a store with a tech and see if they can reload your software on the phone.

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

If they aren't in that location either, I would take the device to a local VZW store, and have it either reloaded or have it replaced. If you just got it, and it hasn't been 30 days from the time you purchased it, there should be no problems, and they should give you a new one.

So just take the device to your local VZW store and get a new one, or see if they will reload it for you. Also, before you leave the store, if they give you a new one or reload it, have them re-update it to .148 just so you can be sure it is done correctly. Saves hassle later on.

0 Likes