New VZAcess 7 Manager not working with BB Storm
Rob316

I just installed the new VZ Manager 7 for my BB storm, but when I try to tether or detect the the storm it does not see the phone. On the bottom of the box I do see Model 9530 as the device but also a message" device not inserted." Anyone else having isssues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New VZAcess 7 Manager not working with BB Storm
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Known issue. You'll have to roll back either the Blackberry SW version or the Access Manager version.
0 Likes
mbw62

Same thing happened to me so now I'm trying to find the older version to install, with no luck as of yet.  Hopefully Ihave the disc that came with it someplace.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
You might check with a store. Some of the techs keep older discs lying around that you can use.
0 Likes
Rob316

Is Verizon going to fix the issue?????

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
I'm sure they will, but in the meantime this is the only solution.
0 Likes
mbw62

You think they could put a link up to the old program but that does seem to be beyond the realm of possibility.

0 Likes
sheenequa69

A lot of people are having the same problem you are having (BB STORM OWNERS).  One tech told me they knew when the update for vzacess was pushed that there was a problem but because there are so few of us that will have the problem they pushed out the software anyway.  Mind you we are the ones paying to tether our BB. 

Then he said it was only the BB storms not the STORM 2 that have this problem.  And they wont change the phone because they already found a way to work around the problem.

Call and someone should be able to create a dial up network.    Now I am able to access the internet using my BB Storm.

All of this after 2 visits and 5 phone calls. 

0 Likes
rhea711

Now I have done all of the above...when I do a manual dial up I get an error message 797...I had them send me the old disc of VZ Access Manager and now after I have uninstalled everything associated with the BB Storm & VZ Access it is saying my device is not inserted...don't know exactly what that means, but after 1 week without internet services and calling 3 days in a row, all I got was a $7 credit applied to my account.

0 Likes