New blackberries coming?
AG17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was wondering whether people have heard rumors about new blackberries coming to Verizon in October. VW is now having a buy 1 get 1 blackberry sale which is usually means they're trying to get rid of them to make room for new BB devices. I really like the Tour but the new Curve that hasn't hit VW looks really nice.

So what do you think, are new BBs coming?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New blackberries coming?
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Between the two of those go with the Tour. The Curve has always been considered more of an entry level Berry.

Even though it has always been a great phone it still won't have the capabilities of the the Tour or the Upcomming Storm 2.

The Curve will have less memory which makes it not as expandable as the Tour. If that isn't what you need then it will be a great device for you.

0 Likes
AG17
Enthusiast - Level 1

The tour is my top choice right now but I've been hearing rumors that the new curve is coming to VW soon and it will be having wifi included on the device. So I would much rather have that.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I've read and heard those rumors, too.  Rumor is that all future Blackberry devices by Verizon will include WiFi.  It has been a big thing that a lot of folks want.  I also have heard the newer BBs will start coming out in the next few weeks.  I also heard that there really was a 2nd gunman on the grassy Knowl in Dallas that fateful day. 

My point, don't believe every thing you hear or read, unless it comes "straight from the horses' mouth."  I'm sure Verizon will promote the fact their devices will include WiFi when or if it happens.  Patience will pay off. 

Doc

0 Likes
AG17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your opinion Doc!

I'm more of a I'll believe it when I see it person when it comes to electronics and cell phones and all their rumors. However, VW is having the buy one BB get one BB free deal right now and that's a good indication that something new will be coming. They did this exact same thing with the original Chocolates. They had a buy one Choc get one choc free deal (I got suckered into the deal) and then about 3 weeks later they came out with new and improved Chocolates.

I'm holding out hope because I REALLY want wifi on my device. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, AG,

I'm with you.  I work in a hospital, so the walls are lined with very thick insulation to protect adjacent rooms from radiation from Xrays.  This makes it almost impossible to get a good signal from the outside on a cell phone.  Out hospital has WiFi and it would be great for me and others who have Blackberry devices to connect to the net.  That is just one example of how I wish I had Wifi on my device. 

I agree on the BOGO offer.  That is a great tool for a company to move inventory to make room for new models.  Matter of fact, that is how my wife and I have Tours right now.  I was wanting to wait for new models, but the offer for the Tour was too great for both of us to get Tours, I decided to take advantage of the offer, so there we go.  Who knows, if something great comes along, I can always add another line...lol.  Anyways, I agree with you, you have good points you made.

Doc

0 Likes
AG17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah - everyone wants wifi. That's why I've been hesitant to get a BB from Verizon - no wifi capabilities.

I'm definitely going to wait. I only want one BB so this current deal isn't appealing to me.

0 Likes