I recieved a replace BB Curve and I cant seem to add my email. The only thing under options is to set up email but its through BB only and I have 2 add 2 email accounts. I did the options, advanced, host routing table, register and did a battery pull and still nothing. I have a data plan so im not sure what the problem is
EDIT its a Curve not Pearl..oops
I recieved a replace BB Pearl and I cant seem to add my email. The only thing under options is to set up email but its through BB only and I have 2 add 2 email accounts. I did the options, advanced, host routing table, register and did a battery pull and still nothing. I have a data plan so im not sure what the problem is
I don't know about the Pearl, but on my Bold, there is an Email setup icon in one of the applications folders. I hope this helps.
Here are the steps to adding an email on your Blackberry Curve
- Select Setup Wizard.
- Scroll down and select Email Setup. If the Email Setup option is not present, this is the first time the Setup Wizard is being run. Complete all set up screens until the screen in step 3 appears, then continue.
- Select the first option and then Next
- Select Next.
- If you have a BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) account, enter your BIS User Name and Password.
- If not, proceed to step 6.
- Read the Terms & Conditions. If you agree select Yes. Scroll down and select I Agree.
- Select OK to finish. To confirm a successful set up, send a test email to email@example.com.
• The 10-digit number of your device must be included in the email subject line.
- • You will receive a confirmation email.
Here is a link to access the Email Setup Steps
I went to email set up but it comes up after you click next, the blackberry internet service setup application opens. so i go to next and its asking me for existing users for the BB internet services..I remember doing it once, but i requested my password but have yet to recieve it
Still no option to add my yahoo account
To set up an email account(s) on the device please follow the instructions given below:
Perform a soft reset (Instruction below)
-Pull the battery out for 20 seconds
-Place the battery back in
-Allow the device to power back up (may take 2-5 minutes)
Adding email account via the device
Adding via the BIS website
If you are having difficulties with the BIS password I have provided the instruction article below: