No Global Support with Blackbery Bold ver 6.0
plcwiz

I switched to the Blackberry bold about 1 1/2 years ago and am experiencing the same dropped calls, lock ups, and constant loss of signal even within 100 yards of tower.  This is the 2nd  Blackberry replacement.  I am presently working in Marseille, France and my "Global"  Phone has no  data or calling service. Same problem in Frankfort, Germany this morning.  I arrived today to realize I couldn't call the people to come get me or even notify them I had arrived.  I am subscribed to the international plan.  I can't reach Verizon via E-mail, nor by cell phone with no service. A single Credit Card call was nearly $20 US.   My wife called Verizon today from home to try and help; no help rendered.   I have no extra apps instralled, and all settings are automation network selection and global.  My job requires 24hr on call support  and I presently have customers asking if I died over the weekend. Not Good!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Global Support with Blackberry Bold ver 6.0
plcwiz

Earth to Verizon:

3 days later and still a complete lack of  Verizon support;  looks like the network is on an extended coffee break.  My wife has now called 3 times and the Verizon answers are as follows. 1. Try removing the sim card and re-installing;  it tries to re-register itself every time it turns on anyway, and randomly through-out the day.  2. Try removing the battery and resetting; thanks genius, now I have to wait an additional 20 minutes for the phone to reboot.  3.  Make sure the network settings are global;  we covered this solution 3 days ago. Apparently no-one was listening the first 20 times I said it was on automatic network settings and "Global". 4. Call us from another phone ; If I had another phone it would be Cingular and work like the rest of my crew.  I tell you what,  I'll call next week when I return home and we can try and fix it then.  What do you think????  They need to provide their support staff with a better "Cheat Sheet" of generic answers to read from.  I think Verizon is great for my young children who do not travel or work and only text , download, and play on the phone. As a business solution,  I have my doubts as to their competence and reliability.  Very disappointed.   

0 Likes
Re: No Global Support with Blackbery Bold ver 6.0
Not applicable

Plcwiz, I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service and I completely understand your frustration. You mentioned your phone has no service, but also said you are having dropped calls. How many signal bars does your phone show in these 2 locations? Have you been able to use your phone in other GSM locations? If you go to Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options, what Mobile Network does the phone show you are picking up? Try changing the phone from Global to GSM to see if that helps. When your wife called, did they also have you verify your SIM card #? I am not showing any roaming outages in either of those two areas, and have not heard of any known issues with the Bold being unable to pick up global services. I have used the Bold myself in several international locations without issue.

If you do have access to another phone, we do have a toll free number for our Global Support Team 908-559-4899. If you are still traveling and unable to reach us by phone, please send me a PM with your name, number, SIM card number (Options, Device, Advanced System Settings), so I can check your account to ensure everything is provisioned correctly. 

0 Likes