No Internet, SMS, BBM
nfitzgerald1

Hello- This morning I woke up and my Blackberry Storm Internet is not working. Also, I cannot send or receive text messages, blackberry messenger messages, or email. The only thing that works is incoming and outgoing calls. My internet says 1X ev rather than 1XEV- I am not sure if this matters. I have battery pulled, turned off and on the internet, and nothing works! Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Internet, SMS, BBM
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If you have only 1X, then phone calls is all you can make.  You do not have a data signal.  Since you said you tried the battery pull already, then resend your service books.  Go to Email Settings>Press the Menu key and select Service Books.  Then click Resend Service Books.  After that, you may have to do another battery pull.  If that does not do the trick, then try updating your PRL.  Dial *228 and select option 2.  Let me know how things turn out.

Doc

0 Likes
nfitzgerald1

I couldn't get into email settings under the setup menu because I think it needs internet connection. I called the *228 and did that update, then battery pulled, and still nothing. Any other suggestions? I just want to try to avoid going to a verizon store if I don't have to. So frusterating!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Go to Manage Connections and scroll down to Mobile Network.  Uncheck the box next to Mobile Network to turn off your radio signal.  Then recheck the box and see if it starts working.  You can also look under Mobile Network Options and see if the Data Services in ON and while roaming is ON.  That might help.

Doc

0 Likes
nfitzgerald1

still no luck. :smileysad:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The only other suggestion I can make at this time is to take it to a Verizon store and let them see what the problem is with your device.  It is possible they can get you another device.  Another thing to consider is upgrading the device's software.  Which version are you running?  You can check by going to Options>About and looking.  The latest version is 5.0.0.328.  If you have a lower version than this, updating might fix your problem.

Doc

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

One other question I would have is to see if anybody else with a Verizon phone is having the same issue in your area.  There is a chance that the Data service is down as well.  It may be hard to believe but that does happen. :smileytongue:

0 Likes