No service currently available with Blackberry
c5j

I am currently experiencing an issue with my Blackberry not being able to have a service connection.  This happened about 10pm and is still continuing.  My Samsung, also Verizon is working fine.  I am in NW Indiana and not sure what is the cause of this.  Is there an outage for Blackberry?  I cannot get in contact with Verizon customer service as the message says there is a longer than normal call waiting period.  Anyone else having this issue?  I have never in 15 years of Verizon service had this issue.

:smileysurprised:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service currently available with Blackberry
Customerwithproblem

After my battery went down, I also began receiving this massage, "No Service Currently Available".  I've never had this problem here in North Georgia nor anywhere else, other than the outskirts of FL. Can any one help me with this, or is there really a service outage in North Georgia?

0 Likes
dwaj12096
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in Delaware and we have no service either on all 4 of our phones.

0 Likes
buffoni88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, in Delaware.  I just called them through skype and he submitted a large ticket to look at it.  I told him about the post about North Georgia also.  Hopefully they resolve this soooooooooooooooooooooon

0 Likes
rwatson4

No service for my blackberry 8130 Pearl...just says OFF where the strength bars usually are...what gives??  Outage or blackberry problem...anybody able to shed some light on the situation??

0 Likes
Customerwithproblem

I am new to this site but perhaps this will help some persons who've had this problem.  A Verizon Technical staff person took me to the main verizon screen, the one that shows all of the possible things you may click on; then to Manage Connections; then to Mobile Network Options; We made certain Data Services was "On" and While Roaming was "On"; then the key action, she took me to Network Technology: where we had three choices, GSM/UMTS, 1XEV, and Global.  Once I selected 1XEV, that solved my connection problems.  I wish you the best and hope this will be helpful.  As a last action, I

was asked to type *228 to update the phone.

0 Likes
buffoni88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Android phone.  So no, it's not just blackberry.  It's been over 3 hours since I've had service now

0 Likes
rwatson4

yes, its been that long or longer.  Called Customer Service, and reported the outage here in Pennsylvania.  So a good slice of the east isn't working on Verizon.  My Blackberry I use for work, on T-Mobile is working fine and hasn't been out at all...so we have a Verizon issue it seems...

Randy

0 Likes
team

same here in Nigeria too,my is saying service require and my radio signal can't be turn on don't knw wat to do

0 Likes
team

all i get dialing *228 is call failed,not working for me at all

0 Likes