Not receiving emails to my BB Storm2
Sam_koester
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone help? Today, March 23, my phone stopped getting email notifications. Is this normal? Is there a way I can fix it or do I have to wait it out?

I have pulled the battery...

deleted and reinstalled my emails...

tried sending emails to the account to see if it would show up on my phone...

I am able to send emails to other emails from my phone.

My email providers are Yahoo! and Windows Hotmail.

HELP PLEASE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving emails to my BB Storm2
Sam_koester
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I have half of my problem fixed. I some how had the firewall turned on and it was blocking my Yahoo mail. That is now fixed but for some reason I am still not receiving mail from my hotmail account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sam_koester
Enthusiast - Level 2

No one knows?

Please someone help me out.... seems from the recent other posts that this is a problem. Anyone know?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Besides all the troubleshooting things you've tried, all I can think of is your Profiles have changed, and your email notification was changed to None. This could have happened if you had been using a custom profile, then switched to one of the default ones (quiet, normal, loud). When I stop getting calendar notifications, I do a battery pull and they start coming in again.

EDITED: After rereading your post, I see it's not the notifications that are the problem, it's that you're not receiving the messages themselves? Did you reregister and resend service books (there's another thread on this)? Or call customer service from another line and they'll troubleshoot for you.

0 Likes
Sam_koester
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I have half of my problem fixed. I some how had the firewall turned on and it was blocking my Yahoo mail. That is now fixed but for some reason I am still not receiving mail from my hotmail account.

0 Likes
Sam_koester
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both accounts fixed. My hotmail just took a little longer to update my emails than the rest.

Thank you everyone for the help!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm glad you found the solution. Thanks for posting back to help others.

0 Likes