Not receiving some text messages through Twitter
TheOneAndOnly

I figured I'd ask you guys because I've contacted Twitter about my situation and they think it may have something to do with my phone provider, which happens to be through Verizon.

I'm a sucker with Twitter and I like to receive Twitter messages from other people through my Blackberry. Most of the time I'm able to get SMS messages but one or two people that I'm following I don't get messages from them. I try to unfollow them, then refollow, the press on to receive text messages. That works for a short time but I still have a hard time getting the messages. Lately I've been checking my Twitter home page to see if any new messages came in that I haven't received through SMS.

I don't know if this is something I need to contact my provider in person or contact Twitter again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving some text messages through Twitter
vkaay

I'm having the same issue.  I just switched over from Sprint to Verizon and I never had an issue receiving twitter updates as sms text messages with Sprint, but haven't been receiving them since I switched over to Verizon.  Did you ever figure out a solution?

0 Likes
larrycore

I'm seeing the same thing - Sprint to Verizon, no SMS from twitter.  Have you solved this?

0 Likes
larrycore

Just found the answer.  You need to send a text with the word ON to twitter. In the US the short code to send that text to is 40404.  Once that is sent your account will start working again.  Here's the full twitter short code list, in case you have this issue and are outside the U.S.https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170024#

0 Likes