Not receiving text messages with new Storm 2!!
Evil1gdsm

Hey Everyone,

I just switch from Nextel to Verizon & picked up the storm 2 yesterday. I'm having a major issue not receiving text messages. I've had blackberries for almost 3+ years now & are familar with the common fixes. Remove battery, re-register Host routing table. None of which are working on this phone & it's very annoying.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving text messages with new Storm 2!!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Call customer service to make sure you have that feature enabled on your device.  Make sure you have a plan that covers unlimited text messaging if you plan to text a lot.  A such plan would be the Nationwide Select plan.

Doc

0 Likes
tkddragon

Thats funny you are having the EXACT same problem as I.  I moved over to Verizon from Nextel as well and when I moved over to the Storm 2, I only receive certain recipients text messages and that seems random at times.  I spent weeks with a high tier level tech and we never were able to fix the problem.  Even replaced the phone.

Did you have all the data from your Nextel BB moved over to your Verizon BB?

I'm starting to wonder if there is some kind of programming code flaw between the 2 devices.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Evil1gdsm wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I just switch from Nextel to Verizon & picked up the storm 2 yesterday. I'm having a major issue not receiving text messages. I've had blackberries for almost 3+ years now & are familiar with the common fixes. Remove battery, re-register Host routing table. None of which are working on this phone & it's very annoying.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dan

I take it you transferred your existing number over instead of getting a new number, Nextel really doesn't want to let go of those numbers, your text messages could be tied up on their servers. I transferred over years ago and finally got a new number to cure my problems.

0 Likes
halbeart

Make sure that if you are still a few days, weeks, or even months before your service agreement completely ends with Sprint PCS's Nextel network, and have transferred numbers that the other device that you previously used is turned off. some mobile phones will not allow the new information to the server to be processed unless that previous device has been turned off. try to turn it off, and if you continue to have problems, call or visit your local Verizon Wireless retail store or contact customer support at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline phone and a customer service representative will be happy to assist you.

0 Likes