Not recieving phone calls and no sounds at all - I have tried other suggestions! Please HELP!
bklynjuli

For the past two days I've noticed that I am getting voicemails but not hearing the phone ring. Then I realize that everytime I get an e-mail the LED lights flash but I don't hear any sound. Tried to call myself, phone rang twice and the call went to voicemail but I didn't see anything on my phone that said I had a missed call, or even showed when I was calling myself! I've tried the suggestion of changing profiles, making sure that the do not disturb is not active (I don't even see DND on my phone...) I've also tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.

Please, someone must know how to fix this!

Thanks!
J

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not recieving phone calls and no sounds at all - I have tried other suggestions! Please HELP!
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

This just happened to me last week. Never rang and no missed call in log, but had LED notification for voice mail and was able to listen to it.

I wish I had an answer for you. You've already done what I would have suggested ... checking Profile settings and doing a battery pull.

0 Likes
Re: Not recieving phone calls and no sounds at all - I have tried other suggestions! Please HELP!
bklynjuli

Thanks for the reply...did your phone ever resume normal functioning?

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Are your ringtones for phone calls and message alerts on your SD card or do you use the stock ringtones on your BB internal memofy?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

bklynjuli wrote:

Thanks for the reply...did your phone ever resume normal functioning?

Yes, it has been working normally. And I hope yours soon will be too. Maybe SoccerRef is onto something with the ringtones. Good luck!
0 Likes
VictorTur

So what was the solution ?

How was it fixed ?

0 Likes
bklynjuli

Soo...I wiped the blackberry and started fresh. Only now I can't set up an e-mail address and notice that I don't have an IP address Smiley Sad The wierd thing is that I am still receiving e-mails...

I am hoping this will resolve on it's own overnight (I just wiped it), as I can't get backup assistant either so my contacts are gone for now.

I tried calling myself to see if that problem resolved, and no, it's still not. I was/am using stock ringtones, so I don't think that is the problem.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Can you get any sound? Music, videos, voice notes, anything?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

VictorTur wrote:

So what was the solution ?

How was it fixed ?

Sorry to be vague ... I thought it was clear in my earlier post that I did a battery pull and it hasn't happened since.

0 Likes