Not too Smart Customer Service
travisrew

I have been having some problems with my storm for quite a while now. Got the phone in June, replaced in August because it would shut off when connecting to my mac/ or tethering. Replacement worked good, the screen was horrible though, it's impossible to press. But now a few months later, I'm connecting to my mac for tethering and the phone goes to a white screen, then turns off. I call customer service every time it happens, they replaced the battery twice, and insist to go through the exact same basic steps every time I call... (do you have VZAM... oh they don't make it for mac?){please keep your posts courteous} Now I finally got through to someone with knowledge/ authority. She was going to send me a refurbished phone that was "comparable" to the Storm. I wanted the Eris, but that wasn't "comparable" so I told her I needed to do research and she told me she would call me back the next day. Well, its over a day and I haven't heard from her. I called three times today, they all say that they can't send me anything but a Storm and that I need to do it though this "Jamie" girl that was originally going to do it for me... Thanks a lot for calling me back Jamie. I get on the phone with one tech, they send me to sales, then they send me back to tech, this isn't working. I have been disrespected as a customer, and I can't wait for my contract to be up to switch to AT&T to get an iPhone, a phone compatible with Mac. Not happy with you Verizon, what happened to your good service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not too Smart Customer Service
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Don't get too discouraged with the CS reps. It's very difficult for them to remember everyone who calls (maybe 1 in 5000). As for the Phone replacement. Their policy is to replace with the same phone until you return 3 or more phones. Then you should be able to get something different. My outlook on the whole Storm fiasco, Verizon knows it sold us a JUNK phone with JUNK software, But like many Auto Manufactures refuse to make amends until the public has a class action lawsuit or the Federal Government Steps in. Verizon stands to loose a load of cash to replace all the Storms sold to make it up to their Customers. So Instead they Ignore the problem and hand out replacements. Sorry to say but the Storm 2 will be the same horror story the Storm 1 is. Just keep taking the JUNK back until you reach the Different Phone replacement. I am also thinking AT&T and the Iphone, Coverage works in my area and where I work, and the Phone actually works as designed.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

RIM (Blackberry manufacturer) has released softwares that is compatible with MAC computers, suppose to help with Storm tethering. Sorry don't know the links to the websites, even if I did, some forums forbid links to "third party" sites. If Verizon or this forum don't have answers, check other forums like Blackberry, etc., they can help you.  The new OS for the Storm 9530, v5.0.328, made it respond faster, able install a 16gb media card, upgrade from pre-installed 8gb media card (I did and happy),  suppose to be like Storm2. I don't think Storm1 or Storm2 is junk. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Have you guys tried the early upgrade promotion that was sent out to some?  I would call and ask CS. They are offering some early upgrades to the Storm 2 or the new Motorola Droid. Some have even got it supposedly that didn't get the mail or email. Maybe you will get lucky and get an early upgrade. 

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

I was anti Storm until the latest update and blew the dust off the Storm 1 and it works really well and is comparable to my Storm 2. I have shelved the Tour for the Storms now. A year ago I would agree with ya, but now they are great phones.

0 Likes
travisrew

UPDATE: So now I've talked to a rep in a Store, Verizon came to the conclusion that the Storm isn't compatible with my Mac and that they can't do anything about it because they can't afford it. They have no clue why that girl was going to originally going to give me comparable phone. I am pretty discouraged because Verizon claims that they don't support it but I bought the phone thinking that it was fine for tethering seeing as a rep helped me set it up... Now I'm locked into a contract. They say call blackberry... Not them... Very discouraged yet :smileysad:. This phone is JUNK. I realize that it is not really customer services fault, but the least they could do is get a manager to give me an upgrade. 

0 Likes