OS 10.1
Ingaz

Every single carrier in the entire continent of North America has released OS 10.1 for BlackBerry. Verizon is the sole hold out.

In my humble opinion this is starting to get completely ridiculous. I mean really? I left AT&T for this?

You guys realize that 10.1 is necessary to run Skype right? You know, one of the most popular apps for Apple, Droid and BB phones.

Why you guys cant squeeze out 10.1 is beyond me. 10.2 is on the horizon and Verizon cant manage to release an update which first came out months ago. This whole "ohh we just want to make sure everything is perfect before releasing it, we are working hard to get it ready" crap is exactly that, crap. If Verizon is working hard to release it then Verizons hard work is the slowest most pathetic "work" in the whole of North America, at least when it comes to releasing an OS update. Im on the verge of throwing the freaken contract in the toilet and moving back to AT&T or to Sprint, they seem to have their stuff together.

If this is the speed in which updates are going to be released then there is no reason to remain with Verizon. I mean I can only imagine how long it will take 10.2 to come out once that update hits the first carrier, 3 months? 5? half a year?

At this point my only hope is that BlackBerry is able to wrestle away from Verizon the job of releasing updates and does it themselves. Its the only way Verizon BlackBerry customers wont be months behind EVERY SINGLE MAJOR CARRIER IN NORTH AMERICA!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: OS 10.1
Not applicable

The forum is showing three threads about it being available right now. Check for it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm installing it as we speak.  It shows as 10.1.0.2039 so probably we will still be behind what customers of the other carriers already have.

z10user53

I have been checking for updated Software every day for the last month.  Finally..today...i checked for an update and it is downloading 10.1.0.2039!!!!!!!   FINALLY!!!!!!! maybe now two way sync with Outlook will work with Blackberry Link!!!!!   FINALLY!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, z10user53,

Let us know what you think about the update. I downloaded it for my Z10 and will do the same.

Doc

0 Likes