OS 5.0.0.1006
2trackmind

I know that OS 5.0.0.1006 was released for OTA download earlier this week, but it's still not available for download in .EXE form on the official Verizon Wireless website (or anywhere else). They still have OS 5.0.0.975 listed for the downgrade version, and OS 6 as the main version. Will Verizon be releasing OS 5.0.0.1006 in .EXE form so I can install it via the AppLoader?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: OS 5.0.0.1006
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

They usually place the file in there fairly quickly, so I would keep checking back in the next week.  For what it's worth, there is not too much difference between .975 and .1006, from what I have read in other forums.  I did upgrade my straight from .975 to the OS 6 and it runs really well.  The only problem, and it is not a problem with the OS, is with the Facebook App.  Version 1.9 basically is a piece of junk, IMO.  I took it off my device.  But the OS 6 is really nice.  One drawback, if you have a lot of custom themes, like I did, for 5.0, they do not work for OS 6.  Blackberry has not released the Theme Builder for OS 6 as of yet, so no themes have been made.  I look for it to be released some time next week. 

So now we all have OS 6, I wonder when we all will start asking when OS 6.1 will be released?!! LOL.

Good luck,

Doc

0 Likes
Re: OS 5.0.0.1006
7scarabs

I'm still waiting too, since I have a Tour as my business phone, and would like to upgrade that too. But I didn't get the OTA update message on the Tour, and when I check for an update either OTA or through BB Desktop Manager, I still get the message that there are "no new updates available."

0 Likes