OS 6 Layout and Themes
mshab

I installed the new operating system and the old themes and layouts are no longer visable.  Is there a way to change the layout?   I no longer see the option. For work In need my email and appointmens on the front screen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OS 6 Layout and Themes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

With the OS 6, you can still have your appointments or other calendar events on the home screen.  When you scroll up to the search bar, click on that area and a slide down screen shows upcoming calendar events.  As far as email, you can arrange your icons and move them where you want. 

I do realize we only have one theme by default, the stock Verizon OS 6 theme.  I have just created a couple of themes for the Bold 9650 just for variety sake.  Take a look:

Paradise.JPG

Digital Smoke.JPG

If there is something in particular you might want, you can download the new Blackberry Theme Studio for OS 6 from Blackberry.  It can be found on their site under software and apps. 

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

With the OS 6, you can still have your appointments or other calendar events on the home screen.  When you scroll up to the search bar, click on that area and a slide down screen shows upcoming calendar events.  As far as email, you can arrange your icons and move them where you want. 

I do realize we only have one theme by default, the stock Verizon OS 6 theme.  I have just created a couple of themes for the Bold 9650 just for variety sake.  Take a look:

Paradise.JPG

Digital Smoke.JPG

If there is something in particular you might want, you can download the new Blackberry Theme Studio for OS 6 from Blackberry.  It can be found on their site under software and apps. 

Doc

0 Likes
RK1

Is there a way to get rid of the line that shows the options of "All  Favorites, etc"?  That is totally distracting to me.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

Yes, you can make a custom theme that is similar to OS 5 themes. You can make it with the new OS 6 icons. In custom mode, you can pretty much make what you want.

Doc
0 Likes
vickyram01

So you can can delete frequent and downloads...and just leave like favorites? if you can you let me know how...

Thanks

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

vickyram01 wrote:

So you can can delete frequent and downloads...and just leave like favorites? if you can you let me know how...

Thanks

Hey,

As far as I have been able to see in the Beta release of the Theme Builder, you have all of the places like favorites, frequent, downloads, etc or none at all.  Maybe in the final release they will have that option.  Right now, you can build an OS 6 theme like the stock OS Verizon theme or you can make one like OS 5 with an application screen.  I am still learning the new theme builder, and it does a lot of things the Theme Builder 5 could not do. 

Doc

0 Likes
ntrnalyflawless

Is there a reason why registration asks for more personal info them most websites?

0 Likes
skatko

If you find out, let me know. I absolutely cannot stand the OS 6 home screen layout.:smileymad:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

One of the features of OS 6.1 is supposed to be the ability to get rid of the Favorites, All, etc from the screen.  When it will be released is anyone's guess.  For now, just using Theme Builder to make a custom theme is the only way.

Doc

0 Likes