0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OS 6 for 9550?
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Storm2Ronco wrote:

Is OS 6 for the 9550 Available?

Nope, this model does not have the processor speed/RAM to support OS 6.0 (per RIM).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: OS 6
lonestar11

Speculation has been that VZW is holding it due to iPhones release soon, and because it seems BB has taken a backseat to Droid and now the iPhone, they want to keep their support lines open for all the iPhone things. Also there has been evidence it was supposed to be out on the 19th of january and now everyone is just waiting. Sprint has had it for a while now but no VZW yet. Very frustrating and remember, this is all speculation as to why it hasn't been released on VZW yet

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Currently there is no information on the release of that operating system update for Verizon Wireless.  

0 Likes
mj1021

Well Noah, it is a shame that this is all VZW has to say.  If no information is available, then it is assumed there will be no update to OS6, so why not simply say that?  If this is not what it means, and indeed an upgrade to this OS is in the works, why not simply say that?  I am not looking for a commitment, but would certainly like to know if this upgraded OS is in the works, even if it is not guaranteed to be released.  I have been with VZW for over 10 years, and this is the most frustrated I have ever been.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Operating system updates come from the manufactures and are subject to their release schedule.  When an update is finished, tested, and optimized it will be released.  We are in no way attempting to frustrate you, but we can not give out information on updates that we do not have.  

0 Likes
lonestar11

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Looks like the software update page for the Bold has been updated today and the PDF "Benefits of Software Upgrade" is OS6 (6.0.0.431). Also before it used to say update in October from the previous release and that's been taken away. Seems were getting closer, but nothing is official until it's released. Sadly we just have to keep holding out and hope they release it soon.

Here's the page:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/bb_bold.html

(the first PDF is the one that explains OS6, still no date yet)

0 Likes
heatherkking

Android10 wrote:

Operating system updates come from the manufactures and are subject to their release schedule.  When an update is finished, tested, and optimized it will be released.  We are in no way attempting to frustrate you, but we can not give out information on updates that we do not have.  

Is it just me, or is this response really insulting.  It seems that your really believe your users are quite stupid.  Blackberry users are in large part pretty aware of software update information. 

Your users are aware that the other carrier's 9650 has been running OS6 for quite some time. 

Your users are aware that RIM has provided Verizon the software update and the delay is now in Verizon's testing phase.

Your users are aware that Verizon is notorious for releasing software updates far later than other carriers.

We know all these things and we stay with Verizon because the service is good and that means something.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish by trying to mislead folks on the forums by implying that Verizon hasn't gotten any software updates from RIM and the only reason we don't have OS6 is because of them.  All folks are asking for is a little information...it goes a long way in building good will with your customers.  When will you all learn that?

The only thing worse than the absolute radio silence from Verizon on this is popping on to give laughably misleading information.  Well done, you took a customer who was mildly frustrated by having to wait longer than she would like and turned her into a customer who is now really angry and insulted.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hi everyone. Normally I stay out of the Blackberry forum. I don't own one so I have no knowledge to give.

However today I saw this article and just had to pass it on if it wasn't mentioned before. Enjoy!

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/25/verizon-offering-...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi all,

It is finally official. OS 6 has been released for the Bold 9650. You can download it for installation through Blackberry Desktop Software or you can install via wireless upgrade on your device. Note, if you opt for wireless update, you will have to install OS 5.0.0.1006 first. Have fun and reexplore everything your Blackberry Bold can do for you.

Doc
0 Likes
aspragg

will OS 6 be available on my 9630???

0 Likes