woodstock83

Just got my 8530 a few months ago then you come out with an identical phone with more memory for the os 6 and what am I supposed to do now...  Looks like I might have to go back to at&t

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: OS 6
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I don't want to tell you where to do your cellular business, however, all cell phone manufacturers, not just RIM, develop and release newer, better, and updated devices every few months.  Example, right now, a lot of folks are wanting a "Torch-like" device from Verizon.  Who knows what will be available 2 months from now.  That is the way the electronics business is made, always something better around the corner.  Do you think ATT is any different in that way from Verizon or Sprint or any of the others...no.  However, like I said, I don't want to tell you where to do your cellular business, but all carriers will have better products "just around the corner."  Good luck...

Doc

0 Likes
_bookbean1

I generally agree with the prior reply.   The only constant thing about "change" is "change".   No different than a car losing its value the moment you drive it out of the dealership (assuming that it is new).

I have had a Bold 9650 for months now.   Generally speaking it is fine for what i use it for, although I would love having iphone/droid like apps and a torch like screen.   However it is what it is.  Except...

When will they ever finally release an official version of OS 6 for the 9650?  

I get bombarded almost daily with stale dated information about this "leaked" version and that "leaked" version.    We're in the good old US of A.   Why does India already have an official version?   Why are the new phones all coming out with OS6?  If you go to the Blackberry Website and click on the Bold 9650 to compare it, you can even see the 0S6 screen on the image.

I would really love to know the brilliant marketing strategy behind this.

The longer this drags out, the more likely that I will switch brands and carrier, if for no other reason, out of principle, at the beginning of the new year.

I have been patient and not willing to gamble with a "leaked" version, but enough is enough already.   Bad enough when they came out with the 5.0975 update (with no discernible difference).   I am willing to guess that I am not alone in this mindset.   

I just responded to a RIM survey.   They certainly aren't asking questions about people's patience.   If they did, then they may not like what they have to hear.

0 Likes
bfield01

Something new every couple of months? If that were only true. I've been waiting too long for verizon and BB to do a true update of the Storm. I'm about done waiting and about done wioth Verizon.

0 Likes
watermon

Also tired of Verizon so slow to provide Blackberry Operating System 6.0.  AT&T now has BB OS 6 with the BB Torch 9800, T-Mobile has BB OS 6 with the BB BlackBerry Bold 9780, and Sprint with BlackBerry Bold 9780. How long will it take before Verizon gets with the program? Guess it is time to change carriers. Maybe then, corporate management will get the message.

0 Likes
_bookbean1

Thought that I would stop by and follow up on my post.   I have no source of authoritative information and this is total speculation on my part.  

I believe that we are NOT going to see an official version 6.0.... for the Bold 9650 (for those that already have the device) prior to the earliest Christmas, and maybe not even until well into the new year.

My gut is telling me that there are marketing reasons for delaying the release and nothing more than that.

I thought that back in October, around the middle of the month when there was a great deal of web discussion about some form of 6.0 rollout for us, that it would happen, and instead we now have .975 (Verizon's most recent release).

That was quite frustrating to install and then get all of my passwords, etc. re-established.

Well Verizon, I was an early adapter for the Droid last year, back in November the day that it came out.  It only took a couple of months before I switched back to Blackberry.

I do not appreciate being "toyed with" by this company and I am now highly confident that by early January, I will be using a different device and on another carrier.   Simply out of principle.   I cannot speak to the real benefits of 0S 6.0 as I have not personally used it.   Ashame.  I don't need the RIM website with the fancy Flash examples, I would have preferred hands on.   I am convinced that despite all of the anxious users out there, that it cannot be as good as one of the better  Android phones that have already been out with other carriers.   Or even the iPhone for that matter.

If you want to put out newsletters, etc., then give solid fundamental info that people can plan with.   If not, anticipate that others will too be losing patience.   I do not mind having to eat any of my words if the upgrade does come out before mid-December and I discover that I am satisfied with it, however I just don't see it in the cards.  I am truly sick of the browser, and I know that I can go in any number of different directions now to find a far superior product.

Fed up.

0 Likes