OZMail Notifications
Mr_Knight

Hey guys, I am getting the OZ Mail notification texts after upgrading to my Blackberry Storm. I was using a Palm Centro prior to the Storm and I do not have the old phone as the Blackberry was a replacement for a discontinued defective phone. I have been getting the "Notifications" for over a month now and have made several phone calls to tech support and they have yet to resolve this issue. What else can I do?

Please help me here.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: OZMail Notifications
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Send an text message to 4884 and in the body type STOP.  That should do it.

Doc

0 Likes
Mr_Knight

I tried that shortly after they started to come in as well as replying to the message. I will try it again but Im not sure that is gonna work.

0 Likes
ZenRhapsody

I had the same problem when I upgraded from a non-BB to the Tour.

I finally gave up on tech support and just changed my email account password and updated all my email clients.  notifications stopped immediately.  Much quicker and less painful than dealing with tech support.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Mr_Knight wrote:

Hey guys, I am getting the OZ Mail notification texts after upgrading to my Blackberry Storm. I was using a Palm Centro prior to the Storm and I do not have the old phone as the Blackberry was a replacement for a discontinued defective phone. I have been getting the "Notifications" for over a month now and have made several phone calls to tech support and they have yet to resolve this issue. What else can I do?

Please help me here.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan,

I found what you need to do.  Change your password on your email accounts and that should stop you from getting notifications from Oz mail.

Doc

0 Likes
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3

Doc, Usinig that way can cause problems - ive found there is an easier way.

Jonathan, above this post put your mouse over the tab "support " then click contact us. select the option for email and thne write what you have been recieving and why - recieving messages from ozmail because you had a mail client on your old phone, - a non-blackberry phone. they should correct it within the next 36 - 48 hours. they fixed mine in 12.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

gmandisco wrote:

Doc, Usinig that way can cause problems - ive found there is an easier way.

Jonathan, above this post put your mouse over the tab "support " then click contact us. select the option for email and thne write what you have been recieving and why - recieving messages from ozmail because you had a mail client on your old phone, - a non-blackberry phone. they should correct it within the next 36 - 48 hours. they fixed mine in 12.

Hey,

Thanks for the tip. 

Doc

0 Likes
ringaround

I did an update on my Omnia yesterday which did a complete hard reset and these Ozmail messages started up immediately. I didn't think anything of it at first but today, after having received at least 50 since yesterday, I researched and decided to just call VZ support. My service rep went direct to tech and found a response. She then transferred me to the tech person who was familiar with the issue and has stopped these text notices - yeay! I did not need to change my password or reinstall email program or anything. It's great when you get to talk to someone who knows the answer to your problem! (The rep at the local VZ store had no clue - never heard of Ozmail.)

0 Likes