Ongoing Desktop Manager Update Problem
Wizaerd

I saw the auto-update feature for the Blackberry Desktop Manager, so I ran it, and now it tries to install the Roxio Media Manager, over and over and over and over again, and each time it fails.  How can I stop it from even attempting, since it's going to fail anyways... Or how can I get it to successfully install so it stops popping up over and over and over and over and over again...

The error I get is:

Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product Roxio Media Manager. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

And yet it keeps on trying, over and over and over and over again...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ongoing Desktop Manager Update Problem
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Go into Window's Control Panel>Programs and Features and delete the Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Restart your computer and try to load it again.  See if that fixes your problem.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing Desktop Manager Update Problem
Wizaerd

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

Go into Window's Control Panel>Programs and Features and delete the Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Restart your computer and try to load it again.  See if that fixes your problem.

Doc

Programs and Features?  I have no such section in my Control Panel... Unless you mean Add and Remove Programs, but then if I remove it, it won't be on there to do the auto-update, in fact if I remove it, I wont have the Blackberry Desktop Manager at all...  (which considering how much trouble I have with it, that might not be such a bad thing...)  But how this will affect this Roxio Media Manager installation I don't know, because it starts on it's own, when the Blackberry Desktop Manager isn't even running...

0 Likes